Thursday, November 21, 2013

Birds of a Feather...

I think peacocks are a beautiful bird. I had the pleasure of seeing a peacock in person while on vacation in Hawaii. The bird is so royal with their colors of green, blue and gold!

I've decided to use a peacock palette to decorate my dining room. I had so much fun finding items to go along with my room at my favorite store, HomeGoods. I also found a few items at Pier One too. Here are a few pics of my finds:
Peacock Feathers, Cynthia Rowley Gold Vase, blue/green glass sculpture, and Broyhill silver serving tray from HomeGoods.

Peacock inspired plate/patter made in Turkey from HomeGoods.

Abstract Peacock painting from HomeGoods.

Jasmine scented candles from Pier One.

Lamps, silver Domaine peacock statue, and peacock picture from HomeGoods. Feather lampshade decorations from Pier One.

Ottoman from HomeGoods.

Closeup of feather lamp shade decorations found at Pier One.


I'm most excited to have my talented friend, Alexis, upholster my chairs. I took a trip to South Philly (Philadelphia's version of NYC's fabric district) and came across a beautiful chenille fabric that I will use on the back of my chairs. I will accent  the back of the chair with silver nail heads as well.

Fabric for dining room chairs.


Here is a sample of what I plan to do with my dining room chair with the fabric and the nail heads.  The only differnce is my chair is not curved like this one, it has a square back.
 
 I can't wait to get this project going, it will transform my furniture and give a custom look to the room. I'm looking to do an accent wall with wallpaper. I have not found the wall paper yet, but I will keep you posted. I'm thinking of something silver and maybe with a light geometric print.  The painted walls will be a misty, silvery grey. We will also add crown molding and I'm playing around with having raised panels to this room as well. But as the project unfolds, I will keep you all updated.

Besides decor, we finally added some molding and trim to the house.
Crown Molding added to the two story foyer and boxed wall trim work added.

We also had the ceiling painted a bright white in the hallway.




Right now we're not able to paint because it was suggested to hold off on painting until we have our floors replaced.  So once our walls are not that ugly flat white, the trim on the wall will pop. My idea is to place mirroring art images in these spaces and to contrast the inside of the square with a darker paint color.  I think we'll be using some type of beige or neutral tan on the walls and maybe a darker darker grey inside the box. I'm also going to have a cornice made by my friend Alexis for the foyer window. My idea for the window treatment will look similar to this one:

 
Fabric swatch of what I'm thinking of using for the foyer window treatment.
We'er also getting a quote to get the basement finished too.  I think both the painting project and the basement may be culminated by the spring.

Here are some more pictures:
Zgallerie linear chandelier that I plan to purchase for the dining room.

Lamp I purchased at Pier One for our master bedroom.

Up close pic of  the lampshade decorations found at Pier One. This is the floor lamp in my daughter's room.
 


Example of Alexis' work making cornices


2 comments:

  1. I love the Peacock and ottoman arrangement in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the house. Where did you get the black framed designs that are hanging in your foyer? http://ryanhomesjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete