For what seems like forever, I've been searching for the perfect wreath and didn't find it until I went on Etsy.com. BUT I didn't want to pay the price of nearly $100. So, I did some research and found out that I could easily duplicate the wreath. So here is what I did:
I went to Michael's, which lucky for me has an 35% off coupon that week, and I got the following:
- Three 6 ft vines of artificial boxwood leaves (it is plastic, better to have this over silk for the elements). I paid $11.99 per vine (all prices below show the coupon discount).
- One wire wreath frame at 16 inches for $2.99: http://www.michaels.com/search?q=wire%20wreath
- One Fleur De Lis wreath hanger for $4.99
- One monogrammed wooden letter plaque from Kirklands.com for $12.99: http://www.kirklands.com/product/Wooden-Monogram-F-Wall-Plaque/171599.uts
- One can of Thompson's clear, wood sealant from Home Dept at $4.99 for the wooden letter: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Thompson-s-WaterSeal-12-oz-Clear-Multi-Surface-Waterproofer-TH-010100-18/100122967
Here is a comparison of my wreath (on the right) to that of Etsy (on the left):